PLEASE NOTE: Effective March 1, 2017, PetFirst Pet Insurance is no longer available in Canada. If you are a current customer, you will continue to have coverage available until your policy renewal. At that time, we will provide you with the opportunity to continue your coverage without penalty with our trusted Canadian pet insurance partner, Pets Plus Us.
Regardless of your budget, your dog or cat's veterinary needs, or the age of your pet, PetFirst has a plan for you. By choosing the policy that best suits your family's needs, you'll be able to provide the best care available for your beloved pets and never have to decide whether or not you can afford to seek treatment for your pets again.
$1,000 Annual Coverage
FirstCoverage helps to cover low veterinary bills resulting from an accident or illness, up to $1,000 in coverage per year ($500 per incident/condition). Covering low veterinary bills is easier with FirstCoverage. This pet insurance plan covers dogs, cats, puppies and kittens 7 weeks of age and up for accidents and illnesses.
- Lifelong coverage for breed-specific, hereditary, chronic & congenital conditions
- Up to $1,000 reimbursement on your pet’s veterinary expenses
- $500 coverage limit per incident or condition
- Reimbursement amount that resets each year upon renewal
All waiting periods (48-hours for accident and illness coverage) start at 12:01 AM on the day following activation.
- You pay 10% of eligible fees, plus the deductible
- $100 per incident or condition per policy year
* Any pet dog aged eight years and older (six years and older for dogs of giant breeds), or any pet cat aged eight years and up will not be approved for coverage unless we receive results proving that:
- A Veterinarian has performed a physical exam, geriatric blood profile, including a thyroid test (T4) and urinalysis on your pet within the past two months.
View all FirstCoverage terms & conditions.